Investment passport of Kaniv district
Address of Kaniv district state administration:
19000, Kaniv city, 3, Oleh Koshoviy Str.
Tel/fax: (04736) 3-22-63
Administrative and territorial unit – Kaniv city of Cherkasy region
The administrative centre – Kaniv city (doesn’t constitute the district).
Area: 1283 km2, of the region’s territory - 6,14%
Distance: from Kaniv city to Cherkasy city by highway 78 km, to the railway (Myronivka town) 41 km, to the airport (Boryspil town) 117 km.
Population – 20215 people (as of 01.04.2016), 1,63% of region’s population
Age specific (as of 01.01.2016):
0-17 years 3217 people (15,91%);
18 and more 16998 people (84,09%);
men – 8827 (43,67% ),
women – 11388 (56,33%);
The number of working population –14589 осіб.
The number of registered unemployment – 277 1,63% (to working population) as of 01.04.2016
Average wages – 5028,00 UAH (as of 01.04.2016).
average pension – 1567,42 UAH (as of 01.04.2016).
In Kaniv city there are 98 small enterprises (50 companies per 10 thousand people of the present population). Here there are 374 entities (including 81 farms) registered and 811 individual entrepreneurs.
Trading network of legal entities:
Number of retail trade institutions – 16
Leading enterprises of Kaniv district:
|Name of the enterprise||Address, telephone, fax, e-mail||Type of economic activity|
|PJSC "Myronivka poultry "||Ukraine, 19001, Kaniv city, 177, Lenina Str.
Tel/fax: +38 04736 3 85 23
|Breeding of poultry and meat production, construction of residential and non residential buildings.|
|SE «Kaniv forestry»||19000, Lytvynets village, Kaniv city, Cherkasy region, 1, Lisna Str.
tel.: (04736) 3-23-90, fax: (04736) 3-33-68
tel. of marketing and sale department - (04736) 3-60-24
|Forestry and tomber production.|
Culture, sports, tourism:
The network of cultural and educational institutions of the district is represented by 43 clubs (house district of culture, 22 rural houses of culture, 16 rural clubs and 4 rural clubs/libraries) and 36 libraries.
Memorable places and tokens associated with the life and work of Taras Shevchenko
- Bobrytsa –a poet’s bust.
- Mezhyrich is a memorial near the school about the stay of the poet in 1859 in Mezhyrich.
- Pekari village – a memorial of poet's stay in 1859 there;
- Pekari village - memorial on the spot where the poet had planned to build a house in 1859
- Prokhorivka village - memorial of poet's stay in 1859 in Prohorivka village on the bank of the Dnieper.
- Keleberda village - obelisk on the bank of the Dnieper.
- Martynivka village – a memorial to Shevchenko in Petrenko Str. , Rozhivka tract.
- Mezhyrich stay hunting for mammoths - bus, car route: Kaniv - Mezhyrich – Kaniv.
- From Kaniv Porossya to Kiev Rus - bus, car route: Kaniv – Pekari village - Kaniv.
- Kanivschyna - the cradle of the Cossacks - bus, car route: Kaniv - Prokhorivka - Keleberda - Liplyave –Pekari - Kaniv.
- Journey to Trahtemyrivskiy peninsula - bus, car route: Kaniv - Bobrytsa - Studenets - Buchak - Kahn.
- Famous people Kanivschyny - bus, car route: Kano - Prokhorovka - Liplyave - Kahn.
- Shevchenko space on Kanivschyni - bus, car route: Kano - Bobritsa - Buchak - Mezhyrich - Khmilna - Pekari- Prokhorivka - Keleberda – Kaniv.
- Gogol places to Kanivschyna - bus, car route: Kaniv - Prokhorivka – Kaniv.
- Kanivschyna in the Second World War:
8.1 Bukrin springboard - September 1943 - January 1944
Bus, car route: Kaniv - Bobritsa - Studenets - Buchak – Kaniv.
8.2 By ways of Partisan fame –by car, motorcycle, bicycle;
8.3 tourist trips on foot to places of World War II.
- Kanivschyna in cinema - bus, car route: Kaniv - Buchak - Prohorivna - Liplyave – Stepantsi- Tahancha - Yabluniv – Pekari – Kaniv.
- Kaniv District house of pupils and youth: Art Museum "The world through the eyes of children."
- Museum of local lore of Martynivka village (on the balance of education department of Kaniv district administration).
The objects of natural reserve fund
- State Historical and Cultural Reserve "Trakhtemyriv" with the main historical and Kaniv mountains within the protected area.
Manor of M.M. Maksymovych - "Mykailova Hora."
- Hotel "Zamok roda."
The network of educational institutions of Kaniv district is represented by 25 educational institutions: 18 kindergartens, including 14 educational complexes, UC, 234 pupils), secondary - 20 (including 14 educational complexes, 1472 pupils), extracurricular - 1.
All secondary schools are equipped with computers (263 computers bought).
The network of health care institutions include:
- Kaniv central district hospital (Lenin Str., 43)
- ME "Kaniv center of primary health care" (Lenin Str., 43)
As at 01.01.2016 there are 5 drugstores.
The total number of agricultural companies – 1
The total number of farms – 29
Agricultural companies cultivate 47,869 thousand ha
The main products of agricultural production:
Cereals and legumes collected on 21,871 ha, representing 100,0% of the plan at an average yield of 68,6 c / ha, gross yield of early grain and leguminous plants was 150201 tons, including corn on the area of 15128 hectares with an average yield of 75,0 c/ ha.